Bizrupt is a non-profit organization acting in Greece and specifically in Heraklion, Crete.
In order to visit the Bizrupt website (www.bizrupt.gr), it is not necessary for users to provide personal information. However, by filling out information to sign up for the organization’s newsletter, applying to participate in programs managed by the organization, etc., Bizrupt receives personal information that users have provided with their consent.
Which personal data we collect
The personal data of a user that Bizrupt can collect may include: name, address, email, phone number (mobile and/or landline), work details, etc.
In what ways do we collect data?
A user’s personal data may be collected by personal contact, by telephone, electronically or in hard copy. More specifically, personal data is collected:
- By submitting an application to participate in one of the programs organized by Bizrupt (Foundit, Get Hired, VentureGarden, etc.).
- By purchasing a ticket for one of the events organized by Bizrupt (Open Coffee Heraklion, Fuckup Nights Crete, etc.).
- By subscribing to the newsletter of Bizrupt.
- Via the contact form on the Bizrupt website.
- Via the volunteer form on the Bizrupt website.
- Through the supporter form on the Bizrupt website.
- Through the mentor form on the Bizrupt website.
- By submitting your resume to Bizrupt.
The data that Bizrupt collects and stores during the User’s visit to the Website is for statistical purposes and to improve the navigation experience. During the User’s visit, the following are stored:
- the name of the internet provider they are using
- the website from which the user visited the Website
- the individual pages of the Website that the user browsed
- their IP
- the date and duration of their visit to the Website.
Purpose of personal data processing
The purposes of processing the personal data collected by Bizrupt are described below:
- The possibility of communication and possession of the necessary data for the participation of an interested person in any of the Bizrupt programs as a participant.
- The possibility of communication and possession of the necessary data for the participation of an interested person in any of the Bizrupt events.
- The possibility of communication and possession of the necessary data for the participation of an interested person in one of the Bizrupt programs as a mentor.
- Sending informational material about Bizrupt activities to people who have expressed a relevant interest.
- The ability to connect with the people who express an interest in communication through the relevant form on the Bizrupt website.
- The ability to evaluate a resume submitted to Bizrupt, for current or future employment.
- When required by law.
- When necessary to establish, exercise or defend the rights and legal interests of Bizrupt.
Links to other websites
The Bizrupt website contains links to the websites of our partners and other organizations. These websites have their own privacy policies and Bizrupt assumes no responsibility for those policies when a user visits the respective websites. The user is responsible for checking the policies, even if they have been taken to the websites via links from the Bizrupt website.
Access to personal data
Bizrupt under no circumstances discloses, assigns, exchanges, grants or in any other way makes available without your consent to third parties, natural or legal, your personal data, except in cases where required by law. Only authorized Bizrupt employees/partners have access to users’ personal data in the course of their duties.
Duration of storage of personal data
Personal data collected by Bizrupt is kept and processed for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. After the end of the retention period, the personal data is destroyed, deleted or anonymized.
Rights regarding personal data
Regarding personal data, the user can request the following:
- Access a copy of the personal data held by Bizrupt.
- Correction of inaccurate information or data relating to the user.
- Permanent deletion of all personal data held by Bizrupt.
- Delete from contact lists to which the user is subscribed.
For any of the above, the user can send a relevant request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bizrupt’s personal data collection and processing practices comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Bizrupt reserves the right to modify these personal data protection terms, within the framework of the applicable legislation, without prior notice.
Last update: 12/10/2022